The Safe Harbor Cohasset Coalition will be hosting its first educational forum on Today’s Substance Abuse Crisis. The event is open to all and will be held at the Cohasset High School Auditorium, 143 Pond Street on February 4th from 7 – 9pm.
The highly respected speakers represent personal, clinical, and legal backgrounds. Each will present the latest information in their field; helping you to understand the current crisis, and provide you with tools and knowledge to educate and protect your family. As Joanne Peterson, the Executive Director of Learn to Cope
has said, “This year is one of the worst I’ve seen,” she said. “We can’t keep up with the epidemic.”
• Jennifer Rowe, ADA Norfolk County Prescription Drug Task Force will focus on Straight Talk: Substance Abuse Statistics in Norfolk County.
• Dr. John F. Kelly, PhD Harvard Medical School will present scientific research on the Effects of Substances on the Developing Brain.
• Becca and John Reilly will detail the journey from addiction to recovery from a father/daughter perspective.
© Copyright 2015 Tanna K, All rights Reserved. Written For: Tinytown Unleashed
• Joanne Peterson, the Founder and Executive Director of Learn to Cope will provide firsthand insight and hope to parents of children with substance use disorders.
• Warren Nicoli from Manet Community Health Center will provide private Narcan training.
About Safe Harbor Cohasset Coalition:
Sponsored by the Social Service League of Cohasset, the coalition was founded in June 2014 by a broad spectrum of concerned stakeholders from across all sectors of the community. The mission is to foster a strong and inclusive community that encourages healthy, educated and responsible choices about drug and alcohol use. The mission is supported by evidenced based, prevention focused, sustainable programs and policies.
Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/safeharborcohasset